This week went into binary. I was familiar with binary representing integers.
For example, I knew that the number 13 was 1101 in binary. Since it was less than 15, I knew it would not go past four bits. So basically, I had this (_ _ _ _) in my head as a mental image. I knew that the values are exponentials of 2 - starting with 1 (starting from the right end). From there, I subtracted 8 from 13 which meant that the first bit would be "1." The difference is 5, which meant that it could be subtracted by 4. This meant that the next bit would be a "1." The difference of that is 1, which meant that it could not be subtracted by 2, so the next bit would be a "0." Finally, we take that 1 and fill in the last bit, with a "1," since it can be subtracted by 1. This is my logic for converting a number into binary.
I was unaware that converting a number into binary could be done by dividing it by 2 several times. I was used to the above method.
-
So next week is the term test. I'm not exactly thrilled about it, but I hope I do well. I've been doing great so far on quizzes, so I probably won't do so bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment